/*-- --*/ /*-- --*/

Sunday 20 September 2020

The Start of Sourdough Bread Journey

After few weeks of exploration on sourdough starter for bread making, I decided to capture some of my experience as record for myself and if it can benefit others. 😊😊😊

I started my weekly new exploration on sourdough starter since first 100g sourdough starter given by my good friend. Now I'm like committed to bake bread/pizza using matured sourdough starter. For first 3 weeks, I follow sourdough bread recipes shared by friend and also search from internet, I do not plan to invest a Dutch oven, therefore, I tried below few experiments:

1.    First Sourdough Bread - Direct bake on tray ( bear with me on the ugly look bread)

        Sourdough bread turn out very ugly,  the taste is there, in fact very sour as only 1 tbsp of sugar for ~500g bread. Bread skin thick and not crunchy. Bread internal still soft.

    The 2 bread slice comparison is differ by different proofing duration, thus yielding different output.

2.   Sourdough Bread - Bake using Chinese Clay Pot

      The skin look better but still thick.( just realized I forgot to snap picture on it, but it doesn't look pretty also)

3.    Sourdough Bread - Direct bake on tray with every 5mins( 3x) water spray

        I forgot snap full bread picture for this experiment. Anywhere, it doesn't look like sourdough bread at all. The bread skin turn out very thin and slightly crunchy only. Below picture is after I slice them.

After 3 round of sourdough bread, my kids losing interest on the sourdough bread as it is not so tasty and they have a sweet tooth. No more supporter for this bread and that's the end of my sourdough bread journey.  THE END! 😢😢😢





No comments:

Post a Comment

相关文章

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...